A number of redway routes have been identified for enhancements to support cycle useage and a shift to sustainable transport.
The project will see a number of enhancements that will make the redway cycle network more functional, easier to use and a real alternative option for commuters and leisure cyclists.
Facts and Figures
- Improved wayfinding signs (based on historic MK redway signing principles)
- Improved Street lighting
- Improved Lighting in Underpasses
- Junction re-design
- SMART technology devices to monitor and inform further enhancements
- Improved Surface quality
- Vegetation clearance and new visibility standards at junctions
- Variable Messaging Signs for information to cyclists
- Priority routes with maintenance support such as Winter treatments