Following the flooding of Stoke Goldington MK highways engaged consultants to collect data and analyse what caused such devastating flooding and what measures were required to both improve drainage through the village and where necessary construct flood defences to protect in the future.
Following the report MK Highways designed solutions to the issues and undertook a series of projects which included ;
- Constructing 7 flood storage bunds to store water in times of flood
- Improving watercourse alignments to improve flows through the village
- Replacing old 'stone' defective drainage systems to improve flows
- Installing additional gullies and upgrading surface water pipework to cope with floodwater
- Cleaning and Jetting Culverts
- Digging out existing ditches to increase capacity during floods