A509/A422 Corridor Improvements - Fortnightly Report - Week 7 & 8
We aim to provide an update of all works carried out this fortnight on the A509/A422 DfT funded project, this will inform how we are improving this vital network link to enhance journey times and safety.
Work carried out W/ending 15th and 22nd October 2017
- Resurfacing of A509 Emberton By-pass (Chicheley r'about to Olney), upgrade white lining and cats eyes
- A509 (Chicheley Roundabout to Olney) Vegetation clearance to improve sight lines
- A509 Installation new 'passive' safety signs
- Installation filter drains - A509 (Chicheley to Renny Lodge & Chicheley R'about to Olney) to enhance future drainage capacity
- Install new foundations for new signage in line with current safety standards
- A509 (Chicheley to Renny Lodge R'about) replace and re-tension Vehicle Safety Barrier
- A422 Newport By-Pass Upgrade Vehicle Safety Barrier and Bridge parapets
For a summary of the project including Traffic Management in place this week and plans of diversions please click link HERE.