A509/A422 Corridor Improvements - Fortnightly Report - Week 5 & 6
We aim to provide an update of all works carried out this fortnight on the A509/A422 DfT project, this will inform how we are improving this vital network link to enhance journey times and safety.
Work carried out W/ending 1st & 8th October 2017
- Reconstruction of A509 Sherington By-pass (Chicheley r'about to Olney), upgrade white lining and cats eyes
- A509 (Chicheley Roundabout to Olney) Vegetation clearance to improve sight lines
- Installation new 'passive' safety signs
- Upgrading filter drains - A509 (Chicheley to Renny Lodge) to enhance future drainage capacity
- Install new foundations for new signage in line with current safety standards
- Upgrade and re-tension Vehicle Safety Barrier - A509 (Chicheley to Renny Lodge R'about)
For a detailed programme of works completed and planned please download operational plan HERE (coming soon).
For a summary of the project including Traffic Management in place this week and plans of diversions please click link HERE.