A509/A422 Corridor Improvements - Fortnightly Report - Week 11 & 12
We aim to provide an update of all works carried out this fortnight on the A509/A422 DfT funded project, this will inform how we are improving this vital network link to enhance journey times and safety.
Work carried out W/ending 12th November and 19th November 2017
- Resurfacing of A422 Monks Way - Westbound (Marsh End r'about to Blakelands r'about), upgrade white lining and cats eyes
- A509 (Chicheley Roundabout to Olney) Vegetation clearance to improve sight lines
- A509 Installation new 'passive' safety signs
- Installation filter drains - A509 (Chicheley R'about to Olney) to enhance future drainage capacity
- Install new foundations for new signage in line with current safety standards
- A509 (Chicheley to Renny Lodge R'about and Chicheley R'about to Olney) upgrade and re-tension Vehicle Safety Barrier
- A422 Newport By-Pass Upgrade Vehicle Safety Barrier and Bridge parapets
- Upgrade Street lights to new LED to improve night time driving, enhancing visibility - Emberton junction and Chicheley r'about
For a summary of the project including Traffic Management in place this week and plans of diversions please click link HERE.